Thursday, April 8, 2010

" Three Weddings & a Birthday "

13 March 2010

Wedding season again...three wedding cakes and one birthday cake...kept me on my feet for a few days but that also meant thicker purse. Yeah!

FIRST:

These cupcakes were a gift from me & my sister for our niece's Alia  Red & White wedding. "Selamat Pengantin Baru "




SECOND :


A cake & cupcakes tier for Shafriza's sister's wedding. Previously, I made two wedding ceremonial gift cakes for the "Nikah" ceremony. Remember the "Roses...Blue & Pink ,The Sequel?
I tried my hand on fantasy flowers I learned in my Wilton class, and the outcome was really great...away from my normal roses.



My son helped me make the cake stand...quite nice huh?


The cake is Strawberry Bakewell Cake. Doesn't it make your mouth watery?!




THIRD :


S.O.S. distress call from my friend, Ros, all the way from Klang. 14 hours...that's all the time I had before delivery time!
Actually...it was way way less since I have to complete the above cakes too.
Luckily, she has the cake and the design ready, so less work for me. I only needed to cover, stack and decorate the cake...my favorite part in the whole process.
Love the outcome..though this one does not follow Mr Cowell's advice...exactly like the printed image she e-mailed me.


A BIRTHDAY:

Edible image on a cake...the simplest decoration. Thank God for this new technology. In times like this, this is heaven sent!

No comments: